Recall Test Strips due to Inaccurate Blood Sugar Readings
Arkray is recalling the SPOTCHEM II Basic PANEL-1 Reagent Test Strip and SPOTCHEM II Glucose Reagent Test Strip because:
· They may report falsely low blood glucose levels
· There is a risk that Hyperglycemia, Diabetic Ketoacidosis and Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Syndrome may go undiagnosed
Affected products include:
· Lot Numbers: PN5C26 $ EA4M78
· Manufacturing Dates: November 2014 to September 2015
· Distribution Dates: February 18, 2015 to October 13, 2015
· 25 foiled packaged test strips per box
· Return unused product
· A Replacement product will be shipped free of charge
· Report adverse events to the FDA's MedWatch
· Complete and submit the report Online:
Read the MedWatch safety alert @ www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report
The Department’s Immunization Guidelines for Schools have been revised to reflect these changes. We would like to take this opportunity to highlight changes below:
Students entering K, 1st, 6th, and 7th grades in the 2015-16 school year will now be required to have 2 doses of the varicella (chicken pox) vaccine and 3-4 doses of poliomyelitis vaccine. All other students will be able to attend school this year with 1 dose of varicella, and 3 doses of poliomyelitis.
Students will now need 2 doses of measles, and mumps, and 1 dose of rubella vaccine in K through 12th grade. Students will no longer be able to wait until age7 to meet this requirement.
Students entering 8th through 12th grade (or comparable age level grade equivalents) in the 2015-16 school year shall be deemed in compliance with the immunization requirements until the last grade of this cohort graduate from school in 2020, if they had satisfied the immunization requirements in effect in regulation on June 30, 2014. This cohort does not need the immunization intervals assessed.There are also new regulations excluding students from school for immunization-compliance and for medical exemptions. Mrs. Pollock or Mrs. Kenney will only send letters home to parents whose child’s immunizations need to be updated. The letter will include specific immunizations that need to be taken care of before the 1st day of school or your child will be excluded(not allowed to come) from school. Please call Mrs. Pollock(Elementary) at 988-3291 ext. # 3325 or Mrs. Kenney (High School) at 988-3276 ext. # 4324 if you have any questions.