Little Love Bugs Daycare at Pine Valley
Meeting the Needs of the Community
The Pine Valley Central School District has partnered with Little Love Bugs Daycare Center to offer high-quality infant and toddler care to the community. Little Love Bugs is a fully NYS-licensed daycare program that employs caring staff who are CPR/First Aid certified. Our goal is to ensure the needs of the families throughout our community are met.
Children ages six weeks to 36 months are eligible to attend. The center is conveniently located at Pine Valley Elementary School, 7755 Rt. 83, South Dayton, NY 14138.
Hours of Operation
Little Love Bugs is open Monday through Friday from 7am to 4:30pm. The center will follow the Pine Valley school district’s schedule, with the exception of being open during summer breaks. A calendar will be provided when the district distributes them. The following holidays will be considered paid holidays:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
Any additional holidays will be designated by the center at the start of each calendar year. If one of these holidays falls on a Sunday, it will be observed on the following Monday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, the center will select either the following Monday or the preceding Friday as a substitute holiday.
Drop Off & Pick Up
- Drop off and pick up between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. will be done at the front entrance of the Administrative Office building. Someone from the office will be there to assist you. You will need to sign in and have your driver’s license readily available.
- Drop off and pick up between 7:00 a.m.-7:25 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. will be done directly outside the classroom doors at the back entrance of the Administrative Office building.
Parents can expect their children to receive high-quality care, social and academic enrichment and daily communication through an app. Please contact Little Love Bugs about openings or to be added to the waitlist.
Please note that this program is NOT a free service offered through the school district. However, financial assistance is available through the New York State Office of Child and Family Service's Childcare Assistance Program.
Help Wanted: Little Love Bugs Early Childhood - Center Director
Description: The Center Director of Little Love Bugs Early Childhood Center is responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education, for all children within the center’s care. The Center Director is directly accountable for overall operational management in accordance with well-established guidelines, including curriculum development, staff and facilities management, legal and budgetary considerations, and long range planning. The Center Director ensures that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
- Establish quality vision for the center. Manage adherence to quality standards in accordance with the vision and with state and local requirements. Maintain quality effectiveness measurements.
- Develop general educational curriculum; collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; manage adherence to state and local regulations.
- Maintain student records in accordance with established enrollment procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain communications with parents of current and prospective students through direct conversation, newsletters and parent handbook; implement community outreach activities to maintain and promote positive community relationships.
- Approve menus and food purchases.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulatory agencies; ensure legal and financial compliance.
- Oversee all office functions including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, tuition billing and payment, human resources and personnel management (staff supervision) and purchasing.
- Resolve conflicts (including corrective action when necessary) to ensure a positive experience for everyone.
- Manage budget planning and review.
- Establish illness and emergency procedures; ensure staff is trained appropriately.
- Implement strategic plan and goals in keeping with mission of program.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; technology skills.
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Strong finance and budgeting skills.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 credits in ECE.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: None
Compensation starting at: $20.10/hour
Location: South Dayton, NY
Reference ID: 86179
Link to apply: https://app.acquire4hire.com/careers/apply/86179