• Special Meal Accommodations


    The Pine Valley Cafeteria Services Department is committed to providing all students with the nutritious meals and snacks they need to be healthy. We want to ensure every child has an equal opportunity to participate and benefit from our school meal programs. If your child is allergic to a particular food, we will work with the nurse and you to ensure your child has an alternative selection.

    USDA Regulations require substitutions or modifications in school meals for children whose disabilities restrict their diets. A child with a disability must be provided substitutions in foods when a signed statement from a licensed physician supports that need. The medical information must include:

    • An identification of the medical or other exceptional dietary condition which restricts the child’s diet

    • the food or foods to be omitted from the child’s diet

    • the food or choice of foods to be substituted

    The PVCS Cafeteria Services may make food substitutions, at their discretion, for individual children who do not have a disability but who have a particular dietary need. Such determinations are made on a case-by-case basis. This provision covers children who have food intolerances or allergies but do not have life-threatening reactions when exposed to the food(s) they have problems with. When a modification is made, and it does not require the school to source the alternate food item, no medical statement is necessary.

    Parents have the right to file a grievance if they believe a violation has occurred regarding their request for a reasonable modification.

    The Pine Valley Cafeteria Services Department provides a variety of foods for children to select from to accommodate food preferences.

    If you have any questions regarding meal substitutions or modifications, please get in touch with Leslie Milliman, Cook Manager, at lmilliman@pval.org or (716) 988-3291 ext 3321.

    By Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027)(link is external) found online at How to File a Complaint(link is external), and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    1.  mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    3. email: program.intake@usda.gov(link sends e-mail).

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


    MRS. LESLIE MILLIMAN, Cook Manager
    (716) 988-3291 ext 3321

    Email: lmilliman@pval.org

Last Modified on December 7, 2023